Friday, June 24, 2005

Last night was great!

I actually left work before 7:00 again. My best friend's husband was at work, so we were able to play game after game of scrabble. I didn't lose all of them! And...I asked another person a question and she answered me honestly, even though what she said hurt.

Honesty. Truth. Is there anything more valuable in this life?

Of course, the test will be if I am willing to accept the charge to lay aside my pride and make a difficult situation better even though I believe the other party ought to be the one doing so.

It is a difficult concept to lay aside your department or agenda for the betterment of the company. It is another matter altogether to lay aside your self for the same.

However, it is not I who lives, but Christ within me. Therefore, laying aside my self to take the "higher" road ought to be easy...right?

I am afraid my weak self will not find it so. A self that was quite relieved that the opportunity to take this step did not present itself today.

No comments: