Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Happy birthday to my nephew and my dear friend T!

I left singing voicemails for both of them. In my opinion, birthdays are the time when you get to say how glad you are that the person was born. You are celebrating the gift of their life.

~~~~
I have tried watching more episodes of Without A Trace and have a better understanding why I do not like the show: the pace is slow, the lighting dark and dreary, the soundtrack would be more fitting at a funeral, and the speech most often mono-tonal. Thus, I find the show downright depressing!

~~~~
I found myself strangely disturbed by the plane crash in New York City today. I ended up watching several hours of the coverage on three different cable news shows. Tears swam in my eyes and I found it difficult to speak around my thickened throat. I had flashes of memory from another time of watching hours of television depicting another burning highrise building. This day must have been hard for the families of 9/11 victims and the rescue workers from that day.

No comments: