Tuesday, October 31, 2006

oh, my goodness, I worked overly much today.

I worked because I wanted to do so. I worked at hanging drywall in my writing student's new basement bedroom. I carried and marked and cut and sawed and screwed drywall all day and into the evening. I wanted to do so.

But...I have been home for just a few minutes and have come to realized that I crossed some sort of line a few hours ago. The areas where my arthritis is worst, my back, wrists, knees, and ankles, are so painful that I am wondering if it just might be worth being "drugged" for two days to take a pain pill. On top of that, I am hobbling on feet that are practically screaming with each step I take, and my left ankle, the one I broke in June, is quite swollen.

It is as if I was operating on some adrenaline high with the excitement of the home improvement labors, on getting to hone my skills, and...poof...it all began draining away the moment I crossed my own threshold.

I let Kashi out and fed the birds. As I was moving around, I started noticing how much my feet were aching. I knew my back was pretty bad when I left, but it seized up shortly after I arrived home. Really, by the time my babies were settled and Kashi flopped down on the floor after a good romp around the back yard chasing his ball, I collapsed in the green chair, wishing I were someone else. Quite strongly.

I suspect that it will not be easy to sleep tonight...even with visions of completed drywall dancing in my head!

No comments: