Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I had a phone interview this morning that went surprisingly well. Two hours of chatting with a fellow ex-Texan about my skills and accomplishments. I had all but mentally talked myself out of even the remotest possibility of progressing pass the call. I did so because of the number of years of experience. Yet...the job is editorial director; I would be writing and editing for a living, managing the messaging of a non-profit. It is in my targeted salary range, targeted vacation range, targeted location, and something for which I could be proud advocating. Four out of four on my wish list.

[BIG SIGH]

I should hear some time next week if I am going to be called in for an in-person interview. If I am, I have to produce a portfolio. More money that I have to spend when money has not been a companion for months on end.

[SECOND BIG SIGH]

No comments: