Monday, October 23, 2006

I am trying to accomplish something each day, to not waste my time away from work as is so easily possible to do...to languish on the couch. So, yesterday I trimmed the bushes and weeded all the beds in my yard. Today, I mowed and edged (hopefully for the last time this season) and pulled off all those pernicious vines that stubbornly grow on my chain link fence despite my attempts to eradicate them. I've said it countless times here, but I never grow tired of the beauty found in a freshly manicured yard. I also reveled in that oneness-with-the-soil time.

Afterwards, Kashi and I went for a walk in the neighborhood since it was too late to run over to Huntley Meadows with him. I was admiring the fall foliage rustling in the wind when I noticed that several of the people in my neighborhood were also working in their yards. I was a bit dismayed to see this house down the street still for sale. The price has been reduce and yet it remains empty. I worry about that.

When Kashi and I returned home, I set out the garbage and the recycling and then took the time to fetch a few roses from my bushes. I really ought to have cut them back whilst I was trimming all the other bushes yesterday, but I so enjoy seeing them bloom in my yard. Admiring them as I walked toward my house, I realized that I have never thought to bring some inside. So, I popped inside to retrieve the shears. I placed the different colored roses in a champagne class and set it on top of the television. Just a few hours later, the whole first floor is redolent with such fragrance that I find myself smiling in pleasure.

Now...if the Cowboys would just pull themselves up by their bootstraps and find a way to beat the Giants...it will be a good day.

There's always hope, eh?

No comments: