Monday, October 16, 2006

I learned late Thursday night that my grandfather was back in the hospital with pneumonia again. We were quite worried for his health, but he has battled the disease and may get to come home in a few days. Being bed-ridden with such a disease is so very dangerous to the elderly, so I am doubly glad he has turned the corner.

I found it difficult to write, thinking about his battle and praying for restored health. It is not that long ago that his life-long love died and my step-mother would be heart broken to lose her father as well.

In addition, my step-mother's birthday is in just a couple of days, and I would hate for the celebration of her life with the death of her father.

I feel as if I have been walking in sorrow for days...but today there is hope...and for that I am thankful.

No comments: