Thursday, October 05, 2006

Kashi and I went back to Huntley Meadows today. He was practically beside himself in the car during the drive over. I really should take him there more often.

I enjoy the walk, but at 2 1/2 miles, it is a bit lonely. Today, through the miracle of Sprint PCS technology, I was able to spend the walk chatting with D, hearing about her new baby and all things happening in her life. It was just as if she were there, walking beside me on the hiking trail. Kashi and I and D didn't meet up with another person, so my use of technology did not disturb the outdoor pleasure of another visitor. We saw a great blue heron and three deer whilst out among nature.

When we arrived home, I took the time to sew up the holes in Kashi's stuffed banana. Even though I had sewn up eight others last night now surrounding his bed and still more scattered around the room, Kashi sat at attention the whole time I was working with the needle. He whimpered and shivered in worry over his baby. Once I was finished, he took it from me and placed it with the others around his bed. All of them there are the ones that were repaired.

I find it quite amusing that, inevitably, each time I gather up his stuffed toys and put them back in the basket by the door, by the end of the day, they will be redistributed all over the house: upstairs by his bed and on my bed, beneath the dining table, on the rug in the kitchen in front of the sink, on the beds in the basement, on his bed in the study, and a few more spread around for good measure. Sometimes, he makes a circle of them on my bed and then curls up asleep among them. They are his mates!

~~~~
NOTE: If you are in search of a snack, you might want to try having a cup of Cheerios with a mini Baby Bell cheese circle. I find it to be a rather tasty, if unusual, combination. You also might want to try washing it down with some ice cold Orange Gatorade...

No comments: