Monday, May 19, 2008

The benefit ran late Friday, and then my father came over for an unexpected movie fest, so I am rather tired and facing another four days of work. I need my prince charming to come riding up on that white steed any moment now!

~~~~
I have a dilemma: to either use comp time in a system that is inherently wrong or to refuse to use it on principle.

Federal Wage Law mandates that exempt, salaried employees cannot be made to account for their time on a hourly basis in such a manner that they have to swap like for like, time off work for vacation or other leave. If you work any part of a day, you have to be paid for that day. Comp time can be used by an employer as an added benefit, but it cannot be used as an overtime compensation tool.

So, do I point this out and work the two days I have to use or do I stay at home and get some of the much needed rest to counter the fatigue that is dragging at my very bones?

~~~~
I just love B's sense of humor. She wrote the following about her first trip in her pop-up camper:

Pop-up is a misnomer. Only after cranking, pulling, tugging, zipping, lifting, wedging, and rearranging does one get to rest in a "pop-up" camper.

No comments: