Thursday, May 29, 2008

Having been so ill from that blasted clip, I had come to the decision that all I wanted to do was hide in my cave for days on end. However, B popped down on the train to fetch me back up to her abode. Her sacrifice made all the greater by the fact that Amtrak was not running quite efficiently yesterday.

Since her daughter E has a few issues, B wanted to try and minimize her less-than-pleasant behavior by having me sleep in the attic. While the bedding needed to be supplemented a bit more for my aged bones, I actually liked having a place of my own in her home. Fancy is pretty much unhappy any place save for my home even though we are sharing a room, but Kashi took to frolicking on the bed made up on the floor like a duck takes to water.

E also rather enjoys helping me apply my make-up each day, so I hope that will be an encouragement to guard her behavior...making my visit a good thing rather than a stress on her domain.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more satisfying than hanging out with B on the couch, playing games and watching videos. I still hold the J magic, and absolutely savor our "conversations" that we have each time I change his diapers. No one, and I mean no one has a better smile that little guy.
Now, if I could manage to have just one fall while here (I already slipped down her steps and whacked my left wrist on the banister), it will be a good visit.

No comments: