Monday, November 17, 2008

I am blogging from my phone, sitting in an ER hospital bed waiting on clearance to leave.

I set a kettle to boil water this morning and didn't notice that the wind blew out the flame when Kashi came back inside. I had a call immediately thereafter that lasted nearly an hour.

Firemen. Ambulance. Puking. Not being lucid. Miffed Kashi and Fancy could come with me. Oxygen. Blood gas test (pain). Precautionary breathing treatment. Argument over refusal of steriod treatment. Long wait. Recommendation of observation and rest. Countered would sleep better at home in own bed with pets nearby. Compromise reached. Going home to work from there for the rest of the day.

So much for having a cup of tea as a means of waking up for an early morning conference call. I hope what I said during the conversation was still cogent despite the fumes I was too stupid to realize were filling up my lungs.

1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

Oh, my!

The word verification for this comment, by the way, is "mulporp." Sounds like a Shakespearian invective!