Monday, November 24, 2008

My boss prepared the most sumptuous soup for me today in mere minutes. I have not a recipe, but I shall endeavor to pass along her genius, handed down to her by her Italian grandmother:

  • Take a soup pan and cover the bottom with a thick coating of olive oil.
  • Heat the oil.
  • Mince garlic to the oil and saute until lightly brown.
  • Add one can of great white northern beans, including the "bean juice."
  • Stir in approximately half a container of fresh shaved Parmesan cheese (2.5 ounces, I believe).
  • Stir in approximately half a package of goat cheese (2 ounces, I believe).
  • Stir in approximately half a cup nice white wine (I recommend Fetzer Gewurtrazminer).
  • Add a generous heap of fresh, minced rosemary.
  • Add course ground black pepper to taste (I recommend being generous with this as well).
  • Stir over heat sufficient to keep it bubbling while it thickens.
  • Garnish with a few more sprinkles of shaved Parmesan cheese.
  • Enjoy!

[Serves 2]

I would also recommend serving with great bread, such as rosemary olive oil bread or sourdough bread or french bread.

No comments: