Friday, November 28, 2008

So, I there I am walking back to the room where the bloodletting will begin and I cough. I cough again. The nurse asks if I would like something for my cough. I cough yet again. Again. Again. My body becomes wracked with spasms as I struggle to breath. The nurse asks if I need water. I mentally think, "Are you kidding me?" I cough. Out comes the inhaler. I cough. Out comes the Epipen. Out comes the nebulizer. Once. Twice. Heart rate at 167. Trembling so much that I cannot stand.

Which is worse? The condition or the cure?

I swear there is something in my doctor's office that is harmful to my health. Given the way she shoved me out the door as soon as I was stable enough for her to do so, I would say she agrees.

Not every time. But at least a dozen times now.

Would you believe that the doctors at the wretched hospital didn't believe I have asthma?

I admit. I admit that that still bothers me. Deeply.

No comments: