Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I have been thinking a lot about my near disaster. I have laughed and joked about it at work and with my friend. In fact, I have been rather cavalier. However, that is no reflection of how I truly feel about it.

I was terrified. I still am. The danger I pose to myself at times truly frightens me.

One of the firefighters pointed out that the note I have on the stove to turn it off didn't really help me. His wife has MS, so he understood. I think he was trying to make me feel better somehow. But it didn't really work.

I know having the door open whilst the stove is on can cause the flame to burn out. I know this. I just do not always remember it. This time, it should have cost me the lives of Kashi, Fancy, and I and my home.

Save for the grace of God there go I.

Yes, I am thankful. However...I am still frightened.

No comments: