Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I am joyful beyond words that all three families from church came to be my family at the work picnic today.  Truly.  I was certain things would come up that would preclude them from being there.  While I did not get to visit with them as much as I would have liked since the children were running about and crawling all over the play equipment and therefore in need of much supervision, just the sight of each family schlepping up from the rather distant parking lot was enough for me.

I asked Pastor's middle child to handle the photography today since she is interested in the craft. This past summer, I saw a photograph she took that I believe shows great talent for someone who is just eleven years old.  I brought all four digital cameras with me and allowed her to choose which one(s) she wanted.  I find it very interesting that she chose the hardest one to use (a manual zoom camera).  She had some really solid shots, a few that would have been spectacular had she given more thought to the others in the frame (translate that meaning several chopped off heads), and some that showed genuine creativity in perspective.  This one is my favorite of the latter group.

No comments: