Sunday, November 21, 2010

help in time of need...

Sunshine and my brother spent the entire afternoon working on the yard for me.  The greatest task was to prune the crepe myrtle by the front door.  The before and after is simply stunning; before was a tree taking over practically the whole home...an after of a beautifully shaped decorative tree enhancing an entrance with a freshly painted door (compliments of my Saturday's elbow grease) and the faceted light I installed when I moved in all those years ago now in full view.

I did prune some myself, since cutting branches off the crepe myrtle is as painful to me as working on my bonsais.  There was much "negotiation" on nearly every cut.  No tears were shed, however.

The yard was mowed, edged, and raked as well.  The rose of sharon bushes lining the fence all have fresh mulch beneath them and the varigated euonymus bushes out front are finally no longer unruly messes.  My brother even when so far are to clean out the shed, which I had gone through and "reduced" gardening pots and supplies to the essentials in preparation for the move. 

Poor Sunshine, she had not spare shoes with her, so there she was raking, sweeping, dragging branches, and bagging leaves in her Sunday finest. What a servant's heart God has placed within her as He knit her in her mother's womb.

The yard has not been this neat in years. And I did not faint once, though I am bushwhacked!

This is a bit of a problem since I am not to have more than four hours sleep before one of tomorrow's medical tests.  I shall have to occupy myself for a few hours yet before seeking the comfort of my pillows.

The house was listed Thursday night. In three days, I had three prospective buyers. The first made an offer this evening, though since it is sitting in a sealed envelope at the realtor's office, I know not yet if it is a good one.  Never would I have considered actually having to wonder that.

While I am still falling off that cliff, wondering when, where, and how I will land, it seems to me God has been busy making the path to Fort Wayne quite smooth for me.


Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief!

No comments: