Monday, November 22, 2010

psalms and a bit more...

I have wanted to at least get one day ahead on the Snippets of the Book of Concord emails so that I can be sure to have feedback.  This morning, the editor gave me some strong edits, most excellent stuff, but I received them after it had gone out.  This was my fault since I wrote it in the middle of the night.

So, I spent this evening doing the next three Snippets.  That means...yes...you guessed right...typing up three psalms in one evening.  Whilst my fingers did grow a bit clumsy from all that labor, my heart sang. 

It sang more brightly, too, for Sunshine called with a psalm ready for me this evening, knowing a day of tests and an offer on the house (a disappointing low-ball one it turns out) would be a trial for me.  Given that the MRI scheduled for tomorrow was canceled since, apparently, four weeks is not long enough for authorization, it was an even crappier day.  Sunshine did not know this, but the Holy Spirit did. 

He gave her Psalm 62 for me.  SIGH.  BLISS.  Oh how I savor having the Living Word poured over me, but I will say I am rather partial to psalms being prayed for me with my name in them the way I have done for others.


Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief!

No comments: