Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Four Fs...


My Thanksgiving Day Plan: Frozen Food, Floats, Fire, and Football.  The four Fs.

I purchased some tasty tidbits and have been resisting eating them: Red Baron's deep dish pizza, TGI Friday's Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and Sirloin Tips wrapped with Bacon (an appetizer I have never tried but sounded good).  I have already burned the pizza, so I am not off to a good start.  But Amos certainly appreciated eating the outsides of the pizza.

I also purchased Bryer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for Dr Pepper Floats.  I may even have one with every meal! I very much like having Dr Pepper floats, but I do not have much will power, so the ice cream does not last but a mere fraction of how long it should, given but one person in the home.

As soon as I awoke, I started a fire.  'Twas a bit hard to do so, however I got a bit angry with it and the logs became more compliant.  I am not sure why it was not wanting to light. I suppose it is a good thing I am tenacious (a nicer way to say "stubborn.").

Finally, I plan to watch all three football games, not just the Dallas Cowboys.  I really, really, really enjoy football. However, most folks have this strange preference for a great meal over watching a game.  To me, it does not seem a hard thing to schedule the meal around at least the Cowboys game, but that has always been a difficulty.  So, I am ensconced before the television happily watching grown men run up and down the field trying to get a little ball to the other side and tackling each other in the process.

Plus, since moving North of the Mason Dixon line, I rarely get to see my beloved Cowboys on telvision.  In Alexandria, I was at least guaranteed the two games against the Redskins.  Sadly, the Cowboys are not playing the Colts in the regular season. Therefore, each televised Cowboy game in my locale is even more special.

So, my goal today is to at least have one non-burned meal, lots of floats, lots of football, lots of fire comfort, and lots of peaceful moments not marred by worries or fears or weakness. Oh, yes, do not forget lots of snuggly puppy therapy.



I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!



1 comment:

ftwayne96 said...

Glad you and Amos had a good Thanksgiving. I hope today goes well for you also!