Sunday, November 27, 2011

Perhaps...


Still awake at 7:30 this morning, I decided to switch the mattresses between my room and the guest suite.  My mattress is 17 years old.  I recently came to the conclusion that I need to get a new one.  I finally found a mattress store here (that was harder than I would think it should be), but I really do not need to be spending money on large expenses right now.  The MRI and MRI reading bills from the pit bull attack are still in dispute and things are not going my way (a total of $2,106).

Switching the mattresses was very, very, very hard.  Lots of huffing and puffing and weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.  Much puppy confusion.  I was so weak and tremulous when I finished, I barely made it back to my bed.  [Yes, I did remake the other bed before I sought my own so I wouldn't awake to a mess today.]  I did sleep finally, but I cannot be sure being on a newer mattress helped.  After all, I had been up all night.

Today, I have been rather bleary-eyed. I have found it difficult to even concentrate on my beloved football fest.  I did remember to pay the COBRA bill due to be mailed tomorrow.  And I put away the last of the laundry I did yesterday.  Having started, I decided to do all the bedding again, including the duvet and slip covers for eight of down pillows, as well as the sheets, pillowcases, and blanket.  I HATE changing the bedding more than any other household chore, but I did very much savor slipping beneath and laying my head upon such soft and sweet-smelling fabrics. That meant a total of six loads of laundry that I washed, dried, folded, and put away.

That small amount of housework yesterday left me so very exhausted. I should have slept.  Perhaps tonight will be better...


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!


16 comments:

ftwayne96 said...

I hope you sleep well tonight, and awaken bright and refreshed tomorrow.

Myrtle said...

Thank you, Preacher Man. I hope so, too. I am trying not to be too unrealistic about using a different mattress. Silly that I had to move it to my room rather than just try to sleep in the guest suite, eh?

I hope you awake on the morrow refreshed and a good deal more healthy! I am sorry your vacation was marred a bit by illness.

Sweet dreams to you and yours!

ftwayne96 said...

Tomorrow I have the rare pleasure of getting two wisdom teeth pulled. They should have been taken out when I was twenty but never were. Then the week before Christmas I'll have the other two taken out. No doubt you will notice a precipitous drop in my intellectual functioning over the next three weeks and I'll be reduced to the mentality level of an idiot nattering over his toes.

Myrtle said...

Uhm...I thought your beloved rightly canceled that appointment? Are you really in shape to go under the knife??

Remember: squirt out those pockets! Don't let food get in them or let them dry out.

UGH!

I will be praying especially for your well-being.

Hmm...ought to give you good fodder for sermons on suffering, eh?

ftwayne96 said...

My beloved was rightly overridden because we need to take advantage of a fully-met deductible before the year runs out.

People don't want to hear sermons about suffering. I'm not sure what they want to hear.

Myrtle said...

Oh, well, I can certainly understand the $$ factor.

I do. Want those kind of sermons. Theology of the cross ones. Ones in which suffering, struggling, despair, anguish, confusion, even doubt does not mean one is faithless. Ones in which the faith of Christ is where I am pointed in those dark times, not my own weak faith, my own feeble efforts.

ftwayne96 said...

That's the kind of sermon I need to hear. But most people don't. They prefer the theology of glory thing. I'm not sure I really know how to preach any more. I think an honest sermon would scare the hell out of people. At any rate, I have two sermons to prepare for next Sunday. Maybe I can preach honestly for a change.

This is a far cry from your mattress switch. Sorry. Dweet sreams!

Myrtle said...

Preach what we believe, teach, and confess as documented by our Church fathers and let the rest take care of itself. Preach what you long to hear. I know you are not alone. Praying for you, Preacher Man.

PS It is always a good time or place to speak theology of the Cross...even if on a blog posts about mattresses, little sleep, and much frustration.

Mary Jack said...

Dude, Myrtle, THREE loads of laundry wipes me out. Six is a lot, and on top of moving mattresses, I think you've had a superhuman day! Wow.

I do hope you start to sleep better.

ftwayne96 said...

Imagine what Myrtle could accomplish if she wasn't an alien life form no more that four inches in height!

Myrtle said...

Thanks, Mary. I find it a victory if laundry I start is folded and put away in a calendar day. Often, I end up sleeping with the laundry on the end of the bed. I forgot to add I also did the kitchen laundry, meaning all my pot holders and the towel, and the hand towel in the parlor bathroom. I was looking around and started thinking I should do all the "easily missed" laundry.

I am thankful for your perspective. I do think I should not be so tired because I used to not be so tired. But I guess maybe I did more work than I thought.

Again, you are so kind to me!

Myrtle said...

Dolph! I thought you agreed to keep my secret about being an alien!!!!!

ftwayne96 said...

Oooops! Guess I can expect the laser death ray any minute now, huh. . .

Myrtle said...

I figure, by now, you are in enough pain as it is, Preacher Man. However, expect it when you least expect it!

ftwayne96 said...

When I would least expect it would be anytime around 8:00 in the morning. And since that's not very likely ;-)I think I'm probably safe!

Myrtle said...

You are utterly incorrigible, Dolph!