Sunday, March 02, 2014

A long day...


It was a long day of trying to rest and not being able to ... for one reason or another.

This evening, I became rather irritated, and, not liking how I felt, went searching for something to cook.  I chose Crash Hot Potatoes.  The main lesson that I learned is I am in need of another kitchen tool (if I want to have a better outcome with this recipe).

Back in January (I think), I bought two small rosemary plants from the produce section of Walmart. I wondered if they might grow in the solarium until I could transplant them outdoors this summer.




They have grown.

I want to re-pot them now, but I was hoping they might survive in their original pots until the weather turns.  The directions said to water them from the bottom, so I put them in a plastic dish and then set them in the GREEN container that came with the gift Marie's mother Susan sent me for Christmas.  I have an alarm on my phone that tells me to water all the plants in the solarium twice a week.

Tonight, I harvested my first bit of rosemary.




It was very, very, very hard to make that snip of the scissors.




With all this cooking I have been doing, mincing is a strong skill of mine now.  Plus, well, I do have those wonderful Henckels knives!

After my potatoes were boiled, I tried to do the "crash" part.  I do not have a potato masher.  And I clearly do not have potato "crashing" skills.  Follow the link to the original recipe to see what these were supposed to look like.




I really needed Marie here to eat with me, since I misjudged the amount of potato.  I was thinking that I was making two "small" potatoes, but I somehow managed to make two medium-large potatoes.




Now, I am not a potato skin person, but I ate every bit of the crash hot potato.  Every little bit.  Amos was wildly disappointed at what was left for his "pre-cleaning."




In case you are wondering, this is the utterly fantastic sea salt that Marie introduced me to a while ago.  I love how flavorful it is, without being overly salty.  I will say that the color of it threw me at first, but I am now completely sold on it.




Pioneer Woman encourages the cook to use liberal amounts of salt, because these are potatoes.  I did. I was not disappointed.  Seriously, as a late evening "snack," these were so very tasty.

Maybe ... maybe ... even a tiny bit tastier because of the use of my rosemary plant.
Maybe.
Rosemary is clearly a good gift from God.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

1 comment:

SusanH said...

I want to plant rosemary this summer. The potatoes look delicious!!