Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Worry wort...


So, I am very much worried that we are going to go to war with Russia.  I am worried about this because our fragile economy has been very hard on me, and I am not really up for the stress of it getting worse and having to work even harder at scraping by.

To get my mind off of this, I thought I would try to see if there was some notice when the erythromycin will be back in stock by the manufacturer.  Now, I could be wrong, but from what I read, Duramed was acquired by Teva Pharmaceuticals.  And, as required by law, Teva Pharmaceuticals notified the federal government that it was discontinuing the production of the erythromycin because of its inability to acquire one of the active ingredients.  That notice was actually given November 13, 2012.

November 12, 2012.

Now, Target gets its supply directly from the manufacturer.  CVS gets its supply from their own warehouse.  I noticed, when the pharmacist made a mistake in mixing up the medication, that the expiration date on the bottle was November 2014. I thought that was strange, given that this was nine months away and the prescription expiration dates I get are usually more than a year.  Of course, mixed, it expires in 14 days.

Anyway, if I were a betting person, I would bet that, soon, if not by November of this year, I will no longer be able to get the erythromycin.  I checked.  The last three bottles expired November 2014.  That would be two years from the notice of the cessation of production.  It makes sense, to me, that the expiration date is less than a year because I am getting a stock-piled product that, by all indications, is no longer being produced.

What am I going to do when it runs out?

I'm sure this would fall under the heading of "let's cross that bridge when we come to it," but this is the only medication that has helped the gastroparesis because the gastroparesis is caused by nerve malfunction, not organ malfunction.  And all the organ or system drugs for all the innards stuff either do not help or make things far, far, far worse.

So, I am worried.
Really worried.
And rather blue at the moment.

Literally and figuratively.  I am seeing the doctor tomorrow about my toes.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: