Monday, March 24, 2014

Nothing but the moan...


Today, mostly, I just moaned.  And waited for the stair treads and my kitchen rug to dry.  And tried (but failed) to not castigate myself for flooding my home.

Amos?  Well, he did some more begging.




Whilst I was addressing my catastrophe, I had made another batch of Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork.  I will admit that, in my mopping up frenzy, I overcooked it a tad. However, since I've been eating it in tacos, the cheese and sour cream will help mask my tiny error.

Anyway, I thought I would explain what I do to make it not so terribly spicy and yet still flavorful.  I really, really, really like the smokiness of the adobo sauce, but I cannot handle an entire can of chipotle chili peppers.




In the recipe, I wrote about using the Dr Pepper to wash the adobo sauce off the peppers and into the pot.  Well, I dump the peppers and sauce atop the seasoned pork.  Then, I use part of the Dr Pepper to wash out the inside of the pepper can.  After that, I use most of the rest of the Dr Pepper to wash off as much sauce into the pot.  What is left is a mess of peppers and bits of stuff that includes onions.  I put two of the peppers, all of the bits, the onions from the sauce, and the last of the Dr Pepper in my mini-food processor.  That's the paste you see on top.  The light bits are some of the brown sugar.




You can weep for them.
I pretend they are not waste.
I consider them sacrificial lambs for the greater good of my belly.

And yours if you visit me.
I am trying very hard to learn to share.
Willingly.


I am Yours, Lord.  Save me!

No comments: