Thursday, July 09, 2015

A walk down memory lane...


I find that I am surprised at just how upset I was on Tuesday.  Yesterday ... and today ... I am struggling with sore muscles, as if I had worked out for hours.  My tremors were so violent!  I have not been that upset, that afraid in a very long time.

I am happy to note that the transition to a lower dose of Xanax has been easier.  I think that had I been able to do quarter steps to start with, I might have been better off.  I am very sore again and have those shooting pains, but no migraine or light show in my eyes.  I do have that constant headache again.  SIGH.

What I have not recorded, yet, I think, is that sleeping has been a bit difficult since I started lowering my doses.  This was a symptom I read about, with some folk being up for days or weeks.  Thankfully, I am sleeping, but just about six hours.  For me, that is half what I need.  It bothers me that I am not more exhausted, but today I have been snoozing and dozing and mostly just existing, so I think that the lack of sufficient sleep is catching up to me.  That and the fact that I have had to go out several times of late.  Tomorrow, too, I shall be gone again to get my "May" oil change.

Besides the lack of sleep, I had a rough start to the morning with more violent nausea.  I really, really, really dislike being awoken so abruptly by the nausea.  Anyway, other than calling the city to report the downed tree in the park strip that has yet to be removed (the homeowner had not reported it yet), my "day" did not really start until 4:00 PM, when I finally, slowly, and reluctantly dragged myself off the couch to tackles the bran muffins.  I am glad that I did.

I found them to be tasty, however I have 36 of them because the yield size was off in the original recipe.  I shall be eating bran muffins for decades.




The interesting thing I learned, going from pan to pan, is that the longer the Bob's Red Mill Favorite Bran Muffins batter sits, the more foamy it gets.  Thus, the final muffins were high and beautifully rounded.  So, I incorporated some wait time into the recipe.

I also made another batch of Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork.  What I discovered about this recipe is that a NutriBullet is WORLDS better at mincing up the chipotle peppers than an ancient Black & Decker mini prep!  As usual, I "rinsed" the adobe sauce off the peppers with Dr Pepper and then minced up three of them with the sauce and a bit of Dr Pepper.  It was so well ... puréed!  The house smells even better than usual!

Finally, I re-filled the hummingbird feeders.  This task was made more difficult because this bevy of hummingbirds were dive bombing me the entire time.  I think if they could chatter at me, they would have, complaining that I let the feeders run dry in the first place.  Amos was afeard for my well-being but was too terrified to help me, so he whimpered the whole time from the safety of the back porch.  Poor puppy dog!

I am now ensconced back on the couch, which is a bit more comfortable with the pain in my body.  Amos is perched above me, leaning over to give me kisses every now and then.  We have been enjoying puppy photos.  I highly recommend that you do, too!

Then, Amos and I walked down memory lane...



Amos loved his babies from Day One.




I loved my baby from Day One!





He loved to take his babies outside.




Amos loves his babies even when he is busy loving his ball.




He kept me company with all that painting.




And then he had to recover from all that company-keeping.





Even when he couldn't quite get up there, Amos loved looking out the window.





He was only seven months old when we battled the pit bull.  His physical recovery was aided by the coat, which kept him from his wounds.  Poor puppy has never recovered mentally.  Even ever fearful, Amos is still a wonderful puppy.




Ever since that attack, Amos' most favorite place in the world in on my shoulders.  Although he pounds and pounds and pounds heavier now, I don't mind.



Always the love bug!





A real cuddle bug!




Adorable ... from the get-go, eh?

No comments: