Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Persistence or...


It took four calls over three days, the last one being an hour and thirty-seven minutes, but I finally got a refund for a package that was not delivered.  The USPS marked it as delivered, but what happened is that I got a package for 818 on Kinsmoor.  Yes, well, that is not my address!

I have thrice reported the delivery problem with the USPS.  I have done so locally, online, and via the 1-800 number.  Honestly, I do not believe that anyone in Fort Wayne cares that I keep getting mail for another address.  I have wondered if my mail is going there. I am not sure that my missing package is at that house, but I am not going there.  I went, once, in person to let the folk know I have their mail. I gave it to them.  However, the reception was nothing short of hostile, as if I was stealing their mail.  So, now, I just mark in BIG BLACK LETTERS:  "Delivered to the Wrong Address" and put it back in the mail.  I wonder, also, if the USPS redelivers the mail blazoned with their mistake or if it just goes missing.

Did you know that you cannot open a missing claim for any package, even if it is trackable, unless it has insurance and unless it is, I believe, worth more than $50.  Wow!  You also, being the recipient cannot open a claim.  The shipper, who has the receipt, needs to do so.  So, be careful what you order and from whom and also, if you live in Fort Wayne, do not depend on your mail actually coming to your house, just your general zip code.  SIGH.

For the record, one way I dealt with my extreme upsettedness was that I bought some Honey Nut Chex at Target.  Never mind that I already bought Honey Nut Chex for the month just a short while ago.  I needed more.  And, please, don't tell me that it was a want not a need.  With much fear and trepidation and with a mug of Honey Nut Chex, I took my quarter dose of Xanax.  Some time soon, I shall know if I have to pay the piper once more.

I was wondering what the new Twinkies taste like.
Someone drinking flax and chia seed smoothies probably shouldn't eat Twinkies.
But am I not a woman of contradictions?
Ah, but Myrtle, you are a woman with reactive hypoglycemia!

I bought some spinach yesterday to, perhaps just once, try a GREEN smoothie.  For quite a while, I tried to find some spinach smoothie recipes. However, if you Google that, you get articles that have links to links to recipes. And lots of pop-up ads and invitations to join newsletters.  I have yet to fine one website where the recipe was right there for the reading.  What is dismaying me is that most include bananas.  I learned last year that I do not care for bananas in a smoothie.  More importantly, who in her right might would ever eat banana with spinach??  I am of the very firm opinion that folk who make up GREEN smoothie recipes are NUTS. BONKERS.  COMPLETELY DEVOID OF KNOWLEDGE OF PROPER FLAVOR COMBINATIONS.

Case in point:  one recipe was berries, peanut butter, yogurt, and kale...guaranteed to be better than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Yeah, right!

I think that, maybe, I just might have a spinach salad.  After all, isn't eating raw spinach still good for you??????????????

I went to one post office to mail two small packages. I went to the distribution center for my zip code and reported the mis-delivery in person, this time.  And I went to have my blood work done.  It was 23 blood tests!  I shudder to think what the bill might be.

So, here I am, waiting to see how the evening or the morrow will go.  Will I have further withdrawal symptoms?  Will I be able to continue this process?

No comments: