Monday, October 08, 2018

Finally...


I HAVE A BLOODY MRI APPOINTMENT!!!!

It is a veritable miracle!  I believe that my sister's two-sentence message had a large part in getting that appointment.  But I also believe that the Parkview scheduler did, too.  Her getting the information from the MRI department about the latest obstacle was the closest that I have gotten to getting an appointment, if that makes sense.  And, of course, the prayers I know folk have raised during this long, long, long battle.

It really is almost too good to be true.

The best part of the news is that the appointment is October 29th.  I had my blood work on October 3rd.  This means that I do not have to repeat it for the contrast.  The results are good for 30 days and my numbers were low enough to have the contrast.

I received a call from my GP's office today.  And a text.  And a message.  I believe they are worried that I shall forget my appointment on the morrow.  I was not offended.  In fact, hearing the receptionist's voice on the phone made me start laughing.  I told her that I already put up sticky notes in the bathroom and in the kitchen to remind myself.  Somehow, now that my monthly appointments are not all at the same hour or even on the same day (though most are), I will need to train myself to start checking the time.  In the meanwhile, it doesn't bother me the overkill on reminders.  After all, I have that broken rememberer.

Gee ... I wonder how many reminders I'll need for that MRI appointment.  I mean, every time I think about it, I am still in disbelief.  I might think it a figment of my imagination by the time it rolls around.

Part of me wants it to show something dire to explain the shocking in my hands and part of me is prepared for it to be normal, the way most tests are with dysautonomia.  That's the difference with Sjögren's Syndrome.  I keep having results that are not normal, results that are blow-by-blow reminders that my body is destroying itself.

In any case, I am deeply relieved—when I can believe it is actually going to happen—that I am finally going to have that MRI.  I will have an answer.  The neurologist will have a direction.  And I can move forward, medically, in a significant way.

No comments: