Sunday, October 21, 2018

Productivity...


I sprained my wrist in bed last night, for the second time.  It hurts more and is more swollen this time round.  I cannot figure out why adjusting my bedcovers can be so harmful.  I suppose that this should go on my list for my next GP appointment.  And, maybe, I should invest in a wrist brace.  I'm using my trusty ace bandage at the moment.

Today, I was able to make lentils with sausage and chipotle chicken chili (heavens forbid that I ever run out of the latter).  Tomorrow, my plan is to make honey Thai chicken and spicy Dr Pepper pulled pork.  Tuesday, I will make another batch of baked oatmeal muffins.  That should catch me up a bit where my larder is concerned.  I plan to make some more black-eyed peas once I have a few more mason jars empty.  And ... and then I, when I can muscle up the fortitude, I'd like to try a new recipe.  It's been far too long since I last dared to do so.

I was thinking about what I wrote yesterday.  As much as I want to be me when I have visitors, I know that I push and push and push because serving others, providing them a bit of respite, is in my blood.  Not being the host would be nigh until impossible.

Plus ... well ... I don't know how to not pretend that I am well ... or at least better than I am.  I fundamentally do not believe that ill Myrtle is worthy of care or attention or company ... or friendship.  SIGH.  I just loathe my brain at times.

I will note that I finally have visual rest back in my living room after that hasty plant migration.  By that I mean that I finally dealt with the two overgrown giant spotted begonias.  The one in the larger pot I cut back, fertilized, watered, and moved up to the solarium.  The one in the smaller pot was just too large.  Rather than re-pot it, since I do not have another large pot and am not inclined to buy one, I cut all the stalks for rooting and then moved the pot out to the garage.  I usually am not a plant murderer, but really this is more like giving it another second life.  Plus, I have rooted more than a dozen plants from the original begonia that I was given.

I put all the cuttings in a vase.  I think I will put them up in the solarium.  For now, I have the vase sitting on the bistro table in the kitchen.

The solarium.  I really, really like how the room looks with the table/writing desk and the rocking chair across the room.  The new arrangement makes the room look less crowded with all the plants wintering up in there.  I find it more visually restful.  And inviting.

Going back to the ides of new recipes.  My sister mentioned adobo seasoning when I was talking to her.  I have not heard of that, but I use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in two of my favorite recipes. I asked her where she got it and went Googling for it.  But, along the way, I saw a recipe for the seasoning.  Have I mentioned that I miss my dear friend's spice shop?

I think I might like to make the seasoning.  There are several different variants, but I found one that I think looks good.  If it is, in fact, tasty, I was thinking that I could send some to my dear friends.  I do like sharing tastiness.

On the recipe that interests me, one of the ingredients is chipotle chili powder.  I have chipotle chili pepper, but I could think of several ideas for the powder.  I think it would make good seasoning by itself.

I wonder ... could I use it in a compound butter?

No comments: