Saturday, October 13, 2018

Photos...




This is how the solarium looked at first.  I had both beds set up in there and it was really crowded.  The bookcase you'll see in the next photos was in here, too.




After lots of thought and musical chairs furniture and a bit of shopping, I turned the room into something more for me and for guests, primarily taking down one of the beds and turning the other into a day bed.




You can see I made the changes in the winter, because the plants are in there, which does make the room a bit crowded.  This is a good shot of the lovely rug that I found and bought with present funds. The rocking chair was from craigslist, $25.




I took photos today to show what I was trying to describe yesterday.  I didn't take one of this wall in the room.  The chair is gone, but the bookcase is still there.




The real daybed frame was my sister's Christmas present last year.  You can see the plants that I moved into the solarium.  You can also see the table/writing desk that I moved upstairs, although the next photo is better.  This one shows how I moved the rocking chair across the room.

I moved the lamp over by the bed, so a guest can use it at night and not have to get up out of bed for the overhead light.  That is where I would like to have a night stand or a proper end table.  That table is really too small to be serviceable next to a bed.  It was free, though.




This is standing behind the rocking chair.  I've never address having artwork in the room.  In fact, I haven't even tried to move the two small prints I had over each of the beds in there.  I think I haven't moved them because

I forgot to redo the pillows.  Amos was frolicking atop the bed whilst I was moving plants and messed them all up.  Poor staging on my part.

Also, the plant stake sticking up out of my beloved string of pearls is from a pot that I took to the garage.  I stuck it in there temporarily to not lose it (it is a dragonfly) and forgot to remove it.  Again, poor staging.

The frame on the table/writing desk is a drawing my sister found that she made of the two of us when we were little girls.  I would like to hang it up.  I am just not sure where.

Anyway, hopefully the photos can show a bit of the transition I have made to the room.




Here are the ferns!  I think they would fair better in the solarium, but there are hooks above the built-ins already.  I have often thought about putting hooks in the solarium ceiling, but it is lathe and plaster and I worry about damaging it.  There are hooks in the kitchen ceiling, so I know it is possible.  I just am chicken.  Super, duper chicken.


Today, I moved the three dead plant pots to the garage and the four small pots to the solarium, the two jade plants to the solarium, and the other rosemary bush up to the solarium.  That was enough stair work for me, so I have yet to address the leggy begonias.  But at least most of the mess to my visual rest is straightened back up.

That and shivered.

It is so very, very cold in the house.  But I cannot afford to have both the AC and the heat running in the same month.  Somehow, I have to gut this out until November.




Somewhere in there is my beloved Fluffernutter!  I think I might not be the only one who is finding the house cold at the moment!

Oh, wait, there was one more positive accomplishment, thanks to Becky.  Together, we worked out how to share my calendar.  That means that she will know when my appointments are and can help me remember.

I am worried now that I completely missed my GP appointment.  I wouldn't have thought that that was possible.  In part, I am worried because I keep thinking about my pacemaker appointment next Thursday, but I learned today that it is next Wednesday.

Wednesday.
Wednesday.
Wednesday.

I absolutely need to make this appointment.  I very much want to know that my pacemaker is okay and to get some help getting it to work better for me.  

I hate, utterly hate, what is happening to my brain.

No comments: