Saturday, January 07, 2006

ARGH

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

What is the value of free oil changes?  I see none!  Double Argh!

I drove to the auto dealer to get my oil changed.  If I get it changed there, along with my service, I have a lifetime warranty on the power train of my vehicle.  That sounds like a good deal, like a no brainer, eh?  Well, each time I come, I have to wait and wait and wait.

Just now, I marched into the office and asked to speak to the service manager, who conveniently just left for the day.  One hour I had been waiting and my car had not even moved from where I had parked it.  The service rep asked a technician walking by to immediately work on my car.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Miraculously my car was ready just 30 minutes later.  

She told me that by 11:00 everything is backed up.  If I want a real appointment, it must be the first one of the day.  I told her that if their appointments take longer than the half hour they allot, then they should schedule them an hour apart.  My time is equally valuable as hers.  Why should I have to sit around and wait when I made a good faith effort to arrive on time with my car?  She told me to tell it to the service manager.  He should work Saturdays.  ALL DAY.

I shall write a letter, but what good will it really do?

Should I have just patiently waited another four hours like last time?  Why should I get better service because I lost my temper?  What about those who were still sitting in the lounge when I left?  Is their time not equally important?

What kind of customer service is it where no one is respected and where customers are left in a cold room and uncomfortable chairs as the hours pass by with no thought for their care or communication or apology?

In case you are wondering, purchasing a vehicle from Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge, VA is not a good investment.  You will pay far more for your vehicle than what is written on the bottom line of the contract.

No comments: