Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I am having a bad evening. On the way home, I wanted to go to McDonald's and drown my frustrations and hurt in french fries, but that would not be healthy...so I went to the grocery store and got some vegetables and salad fixings to go with the ten thousand chicken breasts I have in my freezer. I also bought five cloves of garlic so that I can have roasted garlic again in the near future.

I won't mention the five boxes of graham crackers, four boxes of Pepperidge Farms soft baked cookies, three boxes of vanilla wafers, two bags of cinnamon bagel crisps, and one bag of iced animal crackers that I bought as well.

The woman checking me out looked at my purchases, started to say something, looked at me, and then very wisely kept her mouth shut.

I also won't mention how many iced animal crackers I consumed after eating my grilled chicken salad. I had, heretofore, never consumed iced animal crackers. My life was the poorer for it. I am glad that this day, at least, taught me the value of iced animal crackers.

No comments: