Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I was up most of the night and had to drag myself to work. Fortunately, for me, I had so much to do that I didn't even have a moment to drink the milk I had brought for lunch.

Driving home, I struggled to stay clear headed and only managed by talking to my friend on the phone. Soon after arriving home, I changed into my pajamas, slapped my BreatheRight strip on my nose, and started counting the minutes until I can go to sleep (I have to say up late enough for Kashi to do his final business of the day). My stomach growled rather loudly reminding me of my missed lunch, so I went to grill a chicken breast for dinner. I lit the grill, scrapped the grill rack clean, and waited for it to heat up. But when the timer went off ten minutes later, the grill was no longer lit. I was a bit fearful that the tank was empty, but when I tried to light it again, flames immediately engulfed the grill rack. I plopped the chicken breast down and set the timer.

When I checked it halfway, I was surprised to see that the chicken breast seemed a bit...well...crispy. Not understanding why, I nevertheless flipped it and reset the timer for another five and a half minutes. Certainly you understand my dismay to find a blackened chicken breast when I went to retrieve it from the grill. You see, I normally set the grill at high whilst it is heating up for ten minutes and then turn it down to medium and cook it five and a half minutes per side. Usually, that process results in a perfectly cooked chicken breast.

Sighing deeply, I carried the blacked lump to the cutting board and proceeded to trim off all the charcoal. I will admit that what was left was quite juicy...just nearly half the portion.

It is too bad that all of the frosted animal cookies are gone...

No comments: