Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I worked after work. I want to archive all the old family photos that my mother discovered among my grandmother's things. This way, all of our family can have the entire set of photos once the hard copies are distributed among her survivors.

A good decision and a gift for my family. However, the reality of the task is nearly overwhelming. Tonight I have scanned for two hours straight and managed to get 109 family photos done. That is such a small number of what is left to be done.

My mother called to ask where I was on the project...I have let it go for months. She called to say that if my uncle asks the court for the photos to be divided, then I will have to give them up even if the project is not done. I've wasted six months of opportunity and may lose this precious opportunity because of his greed.

He never visited my grandmother once she was in the home. For nine years, he had nothing to do with her. But now that her estate is available, suddenly she is of interest.

Even if I do another 100 or so every night for the next month, I am not sure I will finish the collection. And working after working...is...difficult.

No comments: