Monday, January 23, 2006

That one little pill didn't really wear off until this morning. That is to say, I slept most of Saturday and Sunday and remember little of what transpired during that time.

I am still tired.

Today, we had a pretty big personnel change at work, so I had to work on messaging all day. I did not leave until after 8:00 and even now am working on some communications stuff. I didn't get to eat and barely had a chance to go to the bathroom.

The change is needed, but the timing could have been better. Personally, it has interrupted my own campaign to try and connect to staff who frankly do not pass on vital company news. Now my efforts will seem as if I am taking advantage of the personnel change. BIG SIGH.

I would like to go to bed, but I need to get a jump start on work since most of tomorrow will be at a staff meeting, plus travel to and fro. ANOTHER BIG SIGH.

Given that my neck, jaw, back, and right hip are still hurting, I am already looking forward to another little white pill on Friday even if it means losing another weekend. Perhaps, though, there will be some miracle of peacefulness this week, and I will find rest between now and Friday.

~~~~

I must admit that I did get to work closely with someone on very carefully crafting a rather important message. There was a part of me that downright reveled in the opportunity to wordsmith with someone whose skills I admire. It is amazing how fluid a message can be with the change of just one word. Who doesn't just love writing!

No comments: