Thursday, July 03, 2008

B and G are insane and magnificent and wondrous and humbling and exuberant in their love for me, in the manner in which they display the light and fragrance of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am overwhelmed. I am overwhelmed and know not what to do or say.

As silly as it sounds, I just don't know how to handle their act of kindest and love and support. No one has ever done such a marvelous thing for me.

I was mostly ready for G. Bible study was great. The drive went well even though we did not stop for coffee for G (I couldn't bring myself to ask him directly not to stop so as to limit my discomfort, but he rose above his gender to understand my veiled hints about not stopping).

The only really strange thing was that he did not stumble off to bed as soon as we arrived in the wee hours of the morning, given that he had an early morning meeting at work today. Just a few hours from now he will have to rise, shower, shave, and present himself as lucid and alert after such a very, very long day.

Finally, I understood his hints about seeing that I got settled up in my room and followed them upstairs. I did not realize then that in such a short time, my life would shift, a veil would lift, and I would glimpse the depth of God's love for me.

I arrived at the door to the attic and was greeted by a sign: P's Room. It made me smile. The set of rules for being on stairs that was posted on the wall across from the door made me chuckle...especially the one about not carrying things whilst upon the stairs. After thinking the silly, serious rules were the reasons for their seemingly slight impatience at me making my way to my bedroom. But, alas, I was so very wrong.

Still smiling, I made my wait to the top of the stairs to see that B and G had created a mostly lovely haven for me, my very own bedroom! They had bought a bed! A real, honest-to-goodness bed, lovingly placed right against a vent from the air conditioner. A bed flanked by bedside tables made from a bookshelf and a bench, adorned by fresh flowers from their yard. Three lamps had been placed for best exposure (B had placed her life in a bit of danger to unscrew the light bulb from track lighting that was tied to the only power source in the attic--turn it off and there would be no power). A table was set up for Fancy's cage and for me to ready myself in the morning or type as I am doing now. B and G picked a green kleenex box and a green power strip. I have a chest for my suitcase. I have goodies on my pillow. Everywhere I look, there are thoughtful touches that reflect my tastes and needs. The room practically screams "I love you!" from corner to corner, from ceiling to floor. No where do I need to bend over or sit on the floor. No where do I need for anything.

The work and funding such love must have taken. It is overwhelming. So much so that I am struggling to fall asleep. So much so that I know not how to face B and G in the morning.

How wide and deep is the love of God! 41 years and I can finally understand. I may see but dimly, yet I see!

No comments: