Thursday, July 17, 2008

Take the negative and turn it into positive, right?

This is a photo of the crepe myrtle in front of my home. Now, I pruned it last fall. Remember? I had bags and bags of cut branches. Yet, if you look at it here, I would be hard pressed to disagree with you should you declare it completely overgrown. SIGH.

I am not strong enough to prune it right now. I am just too tired. I sent a photo off to B, knowing that she would laugh and hoping she would hop in the car, drive 167 miles to my home, grab the pruning shears, and take a whack at it. She has VERY firm opinions on how pruned the tree should be. T'was a fantasy.

However, I did come up with a good solution: keep making a fresh flower arrangement for my table until the job is done! Already, the mailman has a better path to the mail box. K will no have her hair entangled in the branches should she try to mow again.

I do have one concern: See that branch over to the right, blocking the address, porch light, and much of the front door? How do I address this section of the tree without lopping it off all together? My brother would hack it off without a second thought. I, on the other hand, believe quite strongly that doing so would leave the tree horribly lop-sided. For one who has bonsais and miniature moss gardens, I am loathe to create such unbalance. Yet...I truly am perplexed about what to do. I do, however, desire not to have my mail delivery cease because the "way in" is permanently blocked...

No comments: