Friday, July 25, 2008

My sister actually called and asked me for help tonight. My, was I surprised...

Her request was for me to make a social story for her son, who has autism. He is going to be flying on a plane for the first time tomorrow, and she is worried about how he will handle a new experience. Apparently, there is a psychological aid called a social story, whereby a story is written for the child telling him what will happen in the new experience, step-by-step, with illustrations.

A friend of my sister lost her father unexpectedly today, so she did not yet have a chance to do a social story for my nephew. Thus, the request for help.

Below is my first attempt at a social story. The cool part is that I also just figured out how to post some of my work as a photo on this blog: first, print it to PDF; then, export it to JPEG.


1 comment: