Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh, my goodness! I am most thoroughly excited!

On September 20th, B and I will be attending a Sugarland concert in Atlantic City!

I have two months to savor the anticipation of this event and dream about what fun we can have whilst there.

Over the next sixty days, I have two upcoming contract jobs and calculated that I need to work 30 hours to both pay for this little jaunt without dipping into anything and still put my set ratio into savings...that or give up Dr. Pepper for the next year!

I kept looking for something in PA near B & G, my most willing chauffeurs, but both options were far away. Then, alas, G pointed out that Atlantic City was but a mere hop, skip, and jump down the road.

Now, here is the part that takes the cake: G gave yet another example of his loving and generous heart when he listened to me plan on how long it would take to get there and then suggested we go up earlier and enjoy a leisurely dinner before the concert! How so very thoughtful of him. I would have just planned for the least amount of time being gone and there he was encouraging me to plan for how we could enjoy the excursion the most.

Now, we tentatively have an event at work planned for either the Wednesday or Thursday before the concert, so I will cross my fingers for Wednesday. We also have a big fundraising drive, so I am not sure how being gone for a long weekend will go over, but I will aim for a Friday to Monday trip so as to not drop dead from exhaustion and excitement and account for any additional drain from emergency Epipen injections.

So, I guess I best get to memorizing the lyrics to the new CD so I can be sure to sing along from beginning to end!

NOTE: This is NOT retail therapy. It falls under my goal of socializing once a month. I promise!

No comments: