Monday, July 21, 2008

I still felt rather weak from the heat trauma from yesterday, so I went back to sleep this morning and did not awake until 1:50. I felt much better.

Kashi and Fancy made a trip to Dr. ML. Fancy was rather cooperative whilst getting her nails trimmed. I almost wondered if someone had switched birds on me. Kashi, on the otherhand, objected most strongly to the needle biopsy of the growth in his arm pit. For that matter, he did not care for his temperature being taken or his joints being manipulated. He even took offense at the scope against his chest and the one in his ears.

Sadly, he hardly objected to the light shining in his eyes. He is losing his sight.

I am supposed to wash out his ear again for the next two weeks. Reflecting back upon that time last fall, I have decided that perhaps the washing should begin this weekend, when I can allot more time for the battle that will ensue until I once more can assert my Alpha Dog status when it comes to pouring cold liquid down his hear, rubbing the heck out of it, and then mopping up the drainage.

I think I need another nap.

~~~~
NOTE: I stopped counting the mosquito bites on my legs at 117. I was not even close to finishing. The next few weeks are going to be most uncomfortable.

No comments: