Thursday, July 24, 2008

B is fairly great at these wonderful discoveries of things that are rather helpful. Case in point: a super dog brush from Wal-Mart.

When I was at her house a few weeks ago, I borrowed her dog brush and was simply stunned at how well it cleaned out Kashi's double coat.

I have to admit that he was looking a bit ragged. Mostly this is because he hates the brush I own and I have not had the energy to fight him on keeping his coat neat. And, to be honest, I just didn't want to upset him when he is aging before my eyes and I am going through such a rough patch myself. Frankly, one of us ought to feel good.

Well, once I saw how effective her tool could be, I applied it most vigorously to my puppydog. Over the course of two applications, I gathered an entire plastic grocery bag of doggy fur. Kashi looked immeasurably better and a bit thinner. I did not get to the area around his chest and neck, because I would have needed to do so indoors where I could remove his harness. Given the amount of doggy fur that did not make it into the bag, littering her lawn most impressively, I assumed B would rather I not take the mess inside.

I finally got a chance to visit two of my local Wal-Mart stores, only to discover that both of them did not carry the miracle doggy brush. I promptly asked B to purchase one for me and send it on its way South.

Kashi is getting a bit ragged again, so I am looking forward to receiving the eventual package.

What makes this brush even more wonderful is the fact that my bedroom has been MUCH cleaner in the past two weeks because he has not shed very much. In fact, the only time he really did shed was while in abject fear at the vet's office.

So, not only does this brush make Kashi more comfortable, more attractive, and more clean, but it also reduces the need for vacuuming in my home.

What more could you want?????????

No comments: