Friday, September 19, 2008

Blogging from the attic again...listening to Sugarland!

This time tomorrow evening, we shall be on the road back from our jaunt to see them in concert in Atlantic City. Having no idea of what the city is like, I am hoping that we can see the boardwalk before we leave. However, the concert will be most wonderful, I'm sure, that should we not get there I will still be satisfied with the trip.

Tonight, as soon a B's dad arrived after his late shift at work, I went upstairs to change into my lounge pants and t-shirt. You see, I have been practically living in said clothing and had determined that part of my doing something social once a month should include clothing that does not double as pajamas.

I walked up stairs, with the slightest tickle in my throat. I came back down coughing. Try as I might, I could not stop the asthma attack with my cough pills and inhalers. So, I whipped out my travel nebulizer and did a treatment. For a while, I thought that perhaps I would need to use an Epipen injection as well, but the liquid albuterol worked. However, as I stated in an earlier blog, the VMT nebulizer certainly packs a wallop when it comes to medication delivery.

I tremble rather violently on the inside, like a guitar string that has been plucked but does not stop vibrating. My heart races, I shake, and it is difficult for me to concentrate on much else. On top of that, I was having those shooting electrical pains in my legs and my arthritis in my lower back was making itself known.

B has so many good ideas, practical solutions to my life. I wish she lived with me or I her so it was always so easy, even in the difficult times. When I showed her the case for the nebulizer, she wondered aloud if an Epipen could fit inside. I had not even thought of that. Outside its own plastic case, the Epipen did just fit, along with a spare set of batteries, and four (now three) ampules of albuterol. After tonight's attack, I also tucked in six Tesselon pearls (the cough pills). Now only if that amazing case could hold my two inhalers and pulse oximeter!

Tonight she came up to lie in bed with me for a while during G's shower. We smiled over his baby photos, talked about our trip tomorrow, and just nattered a bit. The bed is against the roof wall, so there is no way to lean back. In just a short while, the pain in my lower back was building to the intolerable. Even though I travel with six pillows, I couldn't lean back against them all without hitting the ceiling. After witnessing my difficulty, B popped off the bed, walked over to the other side of the attic, and came back with a rolled up sleeping bag. Add one pillow to that and you have the support I need for my back in order to lounge on the bed.

Right now, B is gestating a newly implanted embryo. That child, along with E and J, have such and incredible mother...a loving, intelligent, compassionate, gracious, woman of God.

This whole day, practically, I have been juggling work and a contract job and have little time to be with B besides a few minutes of Dr. Who and three poopy diaper changes for her son. I sort of cooked the bacon for dinner. I did prepare the asparagus for grilling. And I spent time with E letting her put my make-up on. B didn't complain...but I wondered if she wanted to yank my laptop out of my hands and throw it out the window. I probably would have only mildly protested had she done so after the 1,001 calls/emails I fielded today.

Since I had already worked 38 hours this week and found myself still working today, I am NOT counting this as a day off, even knowing I was planning to use comp time for the day.

Monday, I am NOT answering my phone unless it is a loved one. Not one call...hopefully...

~~~~
G may be an engineer, but he sure can write. We talked about a business plan, and he started plugging away at it. While there are sections he did not understand and thus had more filler than substance, he blazed through a creditable off-the-cuff market analysis that had a beginning, middle, and end with logical, cogent points. Beautiful stuff!

No comments: