Monday, September 22, 2008

The conference call went well. The proposal was received well. But I was asked to lower my price even though it was already a discounted rate. I am convinced this was because of combination of a lack of professional respect (proposals are not usually a mechanism for negotiation, especially since mine had no line items) and understanding of the work needed to complete the project (less than 5 weeks to create all the content for a new website with 17 main navigation sections). Needless to say, I am disappointed. I countered with a lessened scope of work to match the lowered price.

When I went to drive home, I had three service lights come on, including the "check engine" one. With much frustration, I pushed the "Trac Off" button multiple times (since it was one of the warning lights) and opened the gas cap and closed it again (since B had gotten me gas). 20 LONG minutes later, I got all of them to turn off and left for home.

My commute home was doubled from construction traffic in three different spots along the way.

As much as I savor the time with my friend and her family, I just don't think I should be traveling. I know the rest of the week will be all the more difficult for my long drive and late night. I cannot wait until I can rest on Saturday!

Oh, how I wish my wonderful visit could have ended on a better note...

No comments: