Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I was able to work from home yesterday, which made for a relaxing work day. However, that meant today was like something out of Twister.

I printed for literally 7 hours, juggling 3 projects and fighting a losing battle with the color printer, and worked on another grant. It was a crazy day that passed by all too quickly for what I need to accomplish by Thursday afternoon.

This Saturday is the Sugarland concert in Atlantic City, so I am driving up to B's abode on Thursday evening. I am almost literally beside myself in anticipation! I've a few hours of work still to do, after another long night last night...and sure to be a long day and evening tomorrow... Yet, for weeks and weeks I have waited on baited breath, tingling with excitement at the thought of hanging out at a Sugarland Concert with my dear friend B in the wilds of Atlantic City.

My health insurance changed in August, reducing the co-payments for some of my drugs. That meant I would have extra money in my medical flexible savings account. Now, I usually have left overs in December, but I just buy extra contacts. However, the amount would be significant now that the battle over Celebrex has ceased.

I have been wanting to get one of the new nebulizers that are based on vibrating mesh technology rather than the compressor that I currently own. Mine has had heavy use over the years and now makes even more noise than it usally does. While a portable model, it is not really something that you can take just about anywhere. It needs a plug. It is heavy. It is bulky. And it is LOUD.

It has been two years since I started researching the new VMT nebulizers and have learned that they are small, battery operated, and offer a more effective medication delivery system. It frankly didn't occur to me that I could use the flex money until I started wondering to do about the high balance I will have in December.

I also have been using Epipens rather frequently and have needed to try and balance them with a nebulizer treatment rather in an attempt to avoid two shots at a time.

So, the lightbulb went off and I started comparison shopping, thinking that to acquire one before I went off to another state and sang my lungs out at a concert would be a most advantageous move. Wow...the one I find fits in the palm of my hand, is silent, and packs a whollop when it comes to getting the medication into my lungs. Why I could even take a treatment while Sugarland is performing and I doubt many people would notice. Cool, eh?

The icing on the cake is the case is green. Fashion and medical safety...who knew the two would get together!

No comments: