Saturday, September 06, 2008

This day! This day was supposed to be a day of rest after an exhausting visit by my parents and an equally exhausting work week. While I did manage to sleep until 2:00 PM, I awoke to water in my basement and water on my kitchen floor. Unfortunately, the water on the kitchen floor was from my broken refrigerator. My refrigerator that is a Maytag (are they not supposed to break), is only five years old, and has a warranty that expired on August 18th.

The neighborhood is currently flooded and closed to traffic. I had no choice but to walk to 7-11 and lug home 2 bags of ice. Given that the earliest repair appointment I could garner is Monday morning, I believe I shall be losing all of the new groceries I just purchased and most of that which I have been keeping in my refrigerator and freezer.

After mopping and sopping and schlepping, I find that this day is nothing like I had planned it to be.

No comments: