Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Well, no response yet on the proposal, with each day passing making the job all the more difficult.

~~~~
Tonight, I worked on preparation for an event at an elementary school in The District. This was a 10-hour day made longer because the person responsible for this particular portion of the preparation did not do her job.

I have noticed, in the past decade of working in the business world (yes, I miss education), that no one seems to care much when people do not do their jobs because there is always someone who ends up stepping in and bailing the person out for the sake of the task, the project, the company. The person who fails faces little or no consequences. The person who comes to the rescue receives little if any recognition. A part of me wishes I could be the former...because I am tired of serving as the latter.

No comments: