Sunday, September 21, 2008

I slept until nearly 3 this afternoon, missing precious time with B and her family, but garnering some much needed rest after working so many late nights this week and going on a trip within a trip. Friday night alone I was up until after 3:00 working on a proposal for a possible contract job. Needless to say, I was bone tired after getting back from the concert.

[G took this photo of B and I in our Sugarland t-shirts. We are laughing because he just clicks away instead of announcing the photo is being taken. So, many of the other shots of us are mid-movement, with eyes closed and mouths open. Still, don't we look cool?]

In addition to much resting, B and I watched some Dr. Who, and I took photos of G playing with his children. We had a tasty dinner and are now switching back and forth between the new Stargate Movies and the Cowboys game (compromise on everyone's part since I am the only FAN in the house). The children are asleep. The house is cool. And the evening peaceful.

Boy...do I love being here...

~~~~
NOTE: Alas, I must forgo my resolve to NOT take any work calls tomorrow. I have a conference call at 1:00 for my contract work. The proposal was well received by the one who asked me to submit it. Now, she has to float it by the man who holds the purse strings. This job would help not only I, but also D, since I would need to hire her to help me make the shortened deadline.

I am trying hard to let the matter rest in God's hands, to not dream about a miniature windfall that would allow me to pay off the debt of Kashi's surgery, make a retirement contribution for the year, and help out a friend who is struggling financially after walking away from an abusive marriage in exchange for a mere gargantuan amount of writing... He knows my needs. This I believe. This I know to be true.

I can only hope to be a better witness to the Truth of Christ, to learn to rest in His care rather then fret over my limited understanding of His plans for my life...

No comments: