Thursday, August 20, 2015

Another day...


Another day another salad.  Mmmmm!

I pruned the weeping cherry today, as well as the silver dogwood bush.  I got so shaky that I laid down on the kitchen floor for a while and then fell asleep.  Amos kept me company.  I then got up and watered the plants on the front porch, only to nap once again.  Then, I cleaned the main bathroom and napped a third time.

Sitting around playing games and watching media with your best friend, who helps you with chores is ever so much easier than tending to all the household needs yourself.




Do you see that large blurb on the right near the post?  That is a GINORMOUS hairy, hoary spider with striped legs that had decided to weave a web between the upper posts of the back porch stairs.  I tore down the web four times before giving up.  My friend Celia could most certainly tell me what kind of spider it is and would welcome it to her household.  Me?  Well, I wish for it to be GONE.  I tore down the web again today, twice.

Which one of us do you think will prevail in this battle of occupation??

Some Googling has me wonder if it is a wolf spider.  In any case, in the interests of fairness, I should admit that I am thankful to the spider for chowing down on a the stink bugs caught in its web.  I very much dislike the stink bugs that are prevalent in Fort Wayne.

Still ... I'm not looking for a new roommate!

No comments: