Saturday, August 08, 2015

Failed experiment...


I think that I am giving up on trying to take the curcumin.  I may not be a rabbit, but it clearly is affecting my theophylline absorption or its half-life or whatever that research study results were.  Because I am still battling the early symptoms of the theophylline toxicity and I am just about over trying to give it a go.  I am not sleeping well because of the heart palpitations, the shortness of breath, the headache, and the wretched stomach cramps.  Today has been the worse yet, with my first migraine since the end of the Xanax withdrawal.  I have enough physical misery in my life that I do not want to add to it.

I am hoping that, if I stop the curcumin, then the other two supplements will be fine.  The symptoms started with the curcumin and have not worsened as I added the other two.  It turns my stomach to think about the fact that that was an $88 failed experiment.  SIGH.

It usually takes at least two days for my body to recover from too high theophylline, so here is hoping to a better Monday ... or Tuesday.

On a positive note, my neighbor whose house and yard is rather run down had a group of friends come over and cut down all the unbelievable weed and junk plant growth that had become higher than the roof peak of her garage.  The alley side is still a horrid pile of old wood, a cut tree, vines, weeds, and such, but the back yard and both sides of the garage are now cleared.  That means, sitting up on the airing porch, I have a more pleasant view.

The woman across the alley from my neighbor, who is in direct line of sight from the angle of my steamer lounger, has been working, slowly, on cleaning up her back yard.  She told me this past spring that the changes in my yard have inspired her.  I do appreciate having a more pleasant view from atop the airing porch, given than I am surrounded by back yards.

I am rather bleary-eyed from lack of sleep.  My nights have been lying in bed trying—but failing—to ignore my pounding heart.  At the moment, having just fetched some more ginger water, I am so short of breath that I sound as if I just finished a marathon rather than walked to and from the refrigerator.  Clearly, no more curcumin for me!

Strike one for alternative medicine.
SIGH.

No comments: