Monday, August 24, 2015

The next day...


Today was the most glorious day of August, thus far.  Truly beautiful and breezy and not too hot.




I thought I would take a moment to show the stone crop growing between the rose bushes.  This was before Firewood Man mows.  Anyhow, they are HUMUNGOUS!  And, frankly, they are not supposed to be blooming until the fall.




Here you see my neighbor's stone crop by her hose.  It is much smaller and not blooming.




I really like stone crop, but the two I have are so large they spoil the look of the rose bed.  Frankly, I think I should just get two more roses and give up trying to find something small to grow between the three I have.  So I need to find a place to relocate the stone crops to ... some place they would be more ... appropriate.  In the late fall, of course, once they are done for the year.




The weigela by the back porch has fully recovered from being stepped on and broken into pieces during the construction of last fall.  Firewood Man was most certain it was dead even into June (or was it May). I was equally sure.  But it has had an explosion of growth in the last month and finally has put out a few blooms.  Just a few, but enough to give me hope and yard BLISS.




Does this give you a better view of the GIRTH of the spider?  It's HULKING body??




I couldn't take a photo of the spider at night with my Olympus with its macro settings since macro disables the flash.  However, it does show tonights web that Mr. Spider has woven.  I think he's determined to be a resident here.  SIGH.

Apparently, exhausting yourself with upsettedness means that you sleep really well.  I went six entire hours without waking up, despite the completely thawed ice packs.  Today, I learned the game group I was in imploded and more the plans to get original members off by themselves and force others out, so I feel less like a failure of a human being ... except for the fact that I simply do not understand why those who wanted to be alone together didn't just say so.  Why they had to be so very cruel in going about achieving their goal.  SIGH.

I did ... finally ... sell my old Roku, now that I am using the Fire TV stick full time.  I must say, I like it much, much, much better.  For one, the remote doesn't have to be pointed at the unit to work (the stick is actually behind the televisions.  For another Hulu+ works far better.  First, I now get the same notifications as I do online for shows that have a new episode that I have not watch.  Better yet, I can now forward and re-wind without messing up the entire show, as happened on the Roku.

I listed the Roku for $45 since Craiglisters in Fort Wayne just love whacking off huge chunks of money when trying to get you to lower your price.  On eBay and Amazon, a "best" price was about $35, but that would mean shipping and fees.  I got $38 today.  So, even though I had to deal with a lot of annoying texters who kept asking to buy it for $15 or asking a gazillion questions (two wanted a demonstration, one on his TV!), I am grateful for the money back in my budget.  Especially since ... well ... lots of extra money was spent this budget cycle, which is thankfully coming to an end.  Back to the straight and narrow and extremely penurious for me!

I did email the doctor's office to see if a refund had been initiated yet.  No word back.  I would not be surprised if the refund for the curcumin was not still pending when I go back in October.

I think I forgot to mention that the new GP agreed to take me on as a patient.  The appointment date is better than predicted:  January 26, 2016.  So, just two or three more visits with the replacement GP who is not all that thrilled having a complex patient using off label medications and, hopefully, I will have a new general contractor managing my care.

Tonight, I asked Amos if he wanted to go wash dishes with me.  He leapt off the couch, trotted to the kitchen, and settled down on his new resting pad that his beloved Aunt Becky made for him.  I think he has learned a new word:  dishes!

My smart little Fluffernutter!

No comments: