Sunday, August 16, 2015

Love and adoration...





These are the beds in the solarium.  A long while ago, an unfortunate exploration of scissors and fabric by some children left cuts/holes in one of the quilts.  Openings that Amos has been de-stuffing as he lies in his most beloved of spots.

I have been looking for replacements for a while.  When Becky and I were out on Tuesday, we stopped by Kohl's and she let me use her 30% off coupon on some coverlets and shams.  I ordered a set of twin botanical sheets.  And so have resolved the bedding problem some four months before I will have a completely full house with bodies in all the beds.

Amos adores the bedding.  So, Becky got the idea ... or we both did ... to use the fabric to make resting pads for Amos so that he could be comfortable wherever I am.  Poor Amos, he about drove himself to pieces with worry whilst Becky was cutting and sewing, taking every opportunity to lie atop the fabric.





No matter how small the mound of fabric was......




I didn't realize I had a filter on when I took this photo, but you get the idea.  From the first (damaged) quilt, we made two pads, of three layers of thickness.  This shows the underside pattern of the quilt.  Amos is quite happy.  Of course, he immediately fetched a Baby to come keep him company, as he did when he tried the resting pad out in the dining room where Becky was working.  Amos had his priorities!




Becky is going to make Amos his own weighted blanket, so we thought we would just use the other quilt since, as I said before, Amos adores the fabric.  A bit uncanny if you ask me.  Well, anyway, we made a more formal resting pad for Amos out of the pillow shams.  Between the two quilts, Amos will have four resting pads (one for each floor and a spare) that can be tossed in the washing machine if need be, and he will have a weighted blanket, all for the cost of just the weighted beads and Becky's elbow grease.

Becky, being a sewing machine guru, also edged the blanket I made from GREEN fleece to keep me warm when I am awaiting Amos on the back porch in the winter.  Lots and lots and lots of edging.

What is amazing to me—other than the mercy of my sewing friend—is just how faded the quilts are.  The one on the far side of the room is several shades lighter than the one by the door.  Plus, the walls have also faded quite a bit.  The latter is a good thing since I erred, slighting, in what I thought I was buying when I purchased the paint.

Funny that my little Fluffernutter has such love and adoration for the fabric from the old bedding.

No comments: