Thursday, September 17, 2015

A new recipe...


I have been wanting to explore curries (hence the Split Pea Curry recipe), so today I utilized ingredients I had on hand to make a yellow curry: Coconut Chicken Curry.




Mmmmmm!

Now, this photo was taken before I removed the lid to reduce the sauce a bit more.  I think the potatoes cooking down make it more a gravy than a sauce.  And, for the record, yellow curry paste is SPICY!  To me, the coconut milk helped cut the spiciness, so my mouth radiated heat, but I was not uncomfortable after finishing my bowl.  I was, very much, wanting a second one!

I bought the yellow curry paste on Amazon a while ago (I got it for half the price as an add-on item) ... as in last year ... for a recipe that I "lost" and thus never opened the container.  Inside the container is a vacuumed-sealed packet of paste, instead of how it is in the jars of green and red curry paste that I can buy at Target or Walmart.  It is also, interestingly so, not exactly yellow ... although the end result looks yellow, right?

All in all, I wanted the distraction and ... rest ... of trying out a new recipe.  I was tickled that I could do so without having to go to the store (still able to maintain my austerity plan).  And I was inordinately pleased with how it turned out.

Amos was, too!
Such a spicy tongue that puppy dog has!!

No comments: