Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Safe places...


The resting pads that Becky sewed for Amos have been such a blessing to me and to him.  He is ever so much more at peace when I am in the basement, for example, because he lies down on his pad and waits for me.  It is his safe place.  The most adorable part of them is that when Amos has a baby in his mouth and it is time to go outside, he will put the baby on the kitchen resting pad before heading out the back door!  I crack up each time I see him do that, especially with Beaver Baby, who is his current most beloved baby, apart from Flower Baby, who is his first love.




I especially love that Amos has a place in the kitchen, for other than the bathroom (that resting pad is not yet finished) and the GREEN chair, the kitchen is where I spend the most time between cooking and doing dishes.  What interests me is that I have put a blanket and towels down for Amos, which he used from time to time, but the resting pads, made from his beloved (old) bedspread quilts, are HIS PLACE.  Amos sees them as that and uses them to have a safe haven that is not on my person (shoulders, lap, chest, etc.).  Plus, I really enjoy having his company when I am working in the kitchen.




The fall crocus are blooming.  I forget they exist until I see them begin to peek through the thyme ground cover in the bulb bed.  So lovely!  I sure wouldn't mind filling the bed with them, but there were not bulbs I bought.  Certainly I've never seen them at Lowe's.

I am down to $.0.96 cents left until the new budget cycle begins on Sunday.  My milk will definitely not last until then. I do have just under $5 of Walmart Savings Catcher credit that I could use, but I am not really wanting to drive over to Walmart just for milk.  I was considering raiding the last of the parking quarters (from back when I lived in the DC Metro Area and needed parking quarters regularly) to pay for another gallon of milk.  Would that be cheating?  Or should I, if I really want to officially make my austerity goal (which is HALF of my normal budget for all the combined categories that are charged) forego buying milk until Sunday?  GULP.

Looking at the schedule for the symphony (probably the last year I will have tickets since getting to and from the performances is so difficult), I was convinced it started this week.  The problem is that the schedule said Saturday, September 27th.  And Saturday is September 26th.  For weeks I have been trying to figure out why the date is wrong, how the Fort Wayne Philharmonic could have made such  mistake.  Then, I got out my tickets and saw that the first ticket for a performance that I have is actually in October (which is really late).  I studied the schedule and figured that my ticket order was messed up.  I tried to call the box office twice, but could not reach anyone and did not want to leave a long message.  THANK GOODNESS I did not!  For you know what?  I was looking at the 2014 schedule that was still on my refrigerator!!  SIGH.

I vacuumed half of the first floor before fainting.  When I could stand, I went upstairs to take a shower and put on my blue pair of men's pajamas (sooooooo soft), before setting up camp on the airing porch.  The lavender woodwick candle is crackling, the only light beneath the starry sky.  Amos is ensconced my lap beneath and quilt and his weighted blanket.  I am debating streaming or just reading.  I confess I might have napped a bit just a while ago.  It is cool and peaceful and quiet save for the sounds of the crickets.  Have I mentioned lately that I love the restored airing porch?  It is such as safe and blissful place for me.

Do crickets sleep???

No comments: