Sunday, September 20, 2015

Finally...


It is with deep relief that I can FINALLY note the END of the fruit fly INVASION.  It has been, officially, 24 hours since there has been a fruit fly drowned in the bowl of vinegar and soap.  I went through half a bottle of the red wine vinegar and dozens and dozens and dozens of fruit flies as I regularly emptied and refilled the small bowl I left on the kitchen counter.  I was extremely pleased to learn the solution for getting rid of fruit flies, but the length of time it took for all of them to die was rather discouraging.

Normally, I would be dancing about the living room, however, I just discovered that my television antenna was, apparently, broken when it was accidentally knocked off the bookshelf during Becky's visit.  I rarely watch regular television, but I finally remembered that football has started!!

I have jiggled and tightened and whispered sweet nothings to the antenna, but it is not bringing in any channel without swaths of pixiling and dropping in and out of coverage.  When I do have the channel appearing, the sound is as if folk are talking into a fan.  I thought that it was just the PBS station when I watched (in part) the baking show.  But all the channels are more gone than playable.

DEEPLY BUMMED.
The Cowboys are starting play soon.

Today has been rough already, having fainted trying to take Amos outside and burned the meal I tried to prepare for myself.  Being upright is rather difficult today.  And I am hungry.  The downside to tasty, easy-to-reheat freezer meals is when you ruin the only meal that is thawed out.  I guess I need to start thawing out two at once.  SIGH.

I sure do with you could watch rebroadcasts of football games after the next day the way you can do television shows.  I love football.

Now to research antennas since the one I bought five years ago is eons old in technology terms.
SIGH.

3 comments:

gbkulp said...

I am sorry about your antenna.

And on Sunday, I found not one, but two bags of rotting potatoes in the drawer where I keep them. Thankfully no swarm of flies, though.

Myrtle said...

Thank you.

Sorry about your potatoes. I hate food waste and have worked so hard at eliminating that. I did have a potato success, though, both remembering use the last of the ones I bought whilst you were here, Becky, and not burning them. Lots of cheese and sour cream, too!

gbkulp said...

Cheese and sour cream are always tasty additions!